Skip to content

Education Visas

An Education Visa allows you to live in Australia to study, either at a university, college, TAFE, school or any other registered educational institution. 

The Education Visas are:

  • The Student Visa (Subclass 500)

This Visa allows you to live in Australia and study full-time in a recognised educational institution. To be eligible for this Visa, you must have been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at a recognised an educational institution in Australia. It also allows eligible family members to accompany you to Australia and reside in Australia with you. The Visa is granted for one to three months after the completion of your course, depending on the duration of the course. 

  • The Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)

If you are the guardian (or nominated by a guardian) of an international student studying in Australia on a Student Visa who is under the age of 18 years, this Visa allows you to reside in Australia with the holder of the student Visa. The holder Student Guardian Visa must be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student (unless you are applying for the visa with the support of the government of your home country).

  • The Training Visa (Subclass 407)

This Visa allows you to live in Australia and take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study or field of expertise. The Visa also allows you to participate in a professional development training programme in Australia. You can be eligible for this Visa if you are sponsored by an organisation who is an approved sponsor and the training is approved and provided directly by that sponsor.

  • The Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)

This Visa allows international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution to apply for temporary residency in Australia after the completion of their studies. This Visa lets people work, live and study in Australia. The duration of residency for this Visa varies according to the type of stream an applicant has applied under from 18 months to anywhere up to four years.


CAMS are experts in providing Education consultancy for Education Visas

CAMS makes the process of applying for an Education Visa easy for you by providing you with complete education consultancy. There are many study and employment-based training options available for those who want to further their educational and vocational training in Australia. CAMS are experts in helping you find the right type of study or training to suit your needs and can therefore provide you with complete guidance in applying for an Education Visa. We can help you find, choose and commence a course or vocational training programme of your choice. CAMS has strong ties and affiliations with many universities, colleges, schools and employers in Australia and has worked with thousands of international students to accomplish their goal to study in Australia through an Education Visa. 

If you think you might like to apply for an Education Visa, even if you don’t know where you want to study or train, contact us today to arrange for a migration and education consultation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *